The DG Shield applies to electronic products and appliances and covers incidents of Accidental Damage, Cracked Screen, Liquid Damage and Theft by Forced Entry.
DG Shield covers 2 incidents of repair during the period of 1 year from the date of purchase of the product. DG Shield is valid only during manufacturer warranty (12 months).
WHAT IS COVERED?
The DG Shield applies to electronic products and appliances and covers incidents of Accidental Damage, Cracked Screen, Liquid Damage, Theft by Forced Entry and Product Replaced in case of Manufacturing Defect.
DG Shield covers the labour, parts and associated charges, including transportation costs towards repair and re-installation of the appliance on site, necessary to repair the product subject to the exclusions listed as below. Incase repair of the product / appliance is not feasible DG Shield covers the cost of replacement of the product by replacing with the same product or similar product of equivalent value or through Gift Vouchers of the retailer of the same value.
The benefits of this plan can be availed in Bahrain.
DG Shield covers 2 incidents of repair during the period of 1 year from the date of purchase of the product. Customer will have to pay a cost of 10% of invoice value at the time of any claim which results in either repair or replacement.
REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE DURING MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY
Replacement guarantee for manufacturer defects during manufacturer’s warranty is subject to verification by authorized service centers. Software malfunctioning, accidental damages (such as drops, spills & liquid immersion) and defects arising out of natural calamities will not be covered under replacement.
THEFT BY FORCEFUL ENTRY PROTECTION
Theft of device by breaking or destruction of a locked locking mechanism only (theft by trickery or pickpockets, mysterious disappearance, are not covered)
Documents required for the Theft claim
1. No liability is accepted towards losses which are covered under the electronics appliance manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Loss or damage caused by wear and tear or normal deterioration.
3. Any defect that is not initially covered by the manufacturer or supplier warranty, except those covered under damage protection clause.
4. Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrications, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modification and de-scaling.
5. Any defect caused as a result of improper usage, negligence, transit/transportation damage and willful misuse.
6. Loss or damage caused by extraneous perils such as fire, explosion, flood, earthquake, sand or other natural calamities.
7. Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes/perils.
8. Video/audio head, plugs, batteries, control knobs, connecting cords, remote control, cartridges, cabinets, smart cards, dust bags, air/water filters, fuses, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, related starters, attachments, cables, light covers or rain covers and other consumables as applicable.
9. Data/hardware corruption arising due to computer virus infection.
10. Modification/alteration of any sort made to circuitry, original design of the appliance.
11. When the serial/model number of the set has been tampered with or removed.
12. Any defect cause by usage of wrong power supply, voltage, video head cleaning, corrosion, rust or stains or any problem with supply of electricity, gas or water.
13. Any appliance, which has been used for commercial or rental purposes.
14. Should necessary spare parts for repair be subject to import restrictions of a country resulting in delay in repairs, there will be no liability on Sharaf DG store arising out of such delay.
15. Appliances being recalled by the manufacturer.
16. Claims arising from the failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
17. Cosmetic damage including but not limited to damage to paintwork or dents or scratches.
18. Costs due to rust, corrosion.
19. Unauthorized repairs performed by third parties.
20. Loss or damage to recording media, software or data, software defects or software generated problems.
21. Any loss or damage to a person or property, direct, consequential or incidental damages arising from the use of or inability to use the appliance.
22. Accessories are not covered.
I.T. Office Automation and Mobile Phones
1. Software, including the operating system and software added to the appliance, third party software or the reloading software.
2. Replaceable printer heads.
3. Previously repaired by a non-approved service center or service agent including case changes and the like.
4. Loss of stored data during the process of dismantling for repairs.
TV, Home Theatre, Media Players and Home Appliances
1. Air filters, evaporator coils, condenser coils, gas charging, circuit breakers, voltage stabilizers, scanners, remote controls, sheet metal parts, thermocol parts and all plastic parts.
2. Incomplete installation or incorrect operation or incorrect voltage and excessive use and maintenance, cleaning or damage resulting from failure to perform normal maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual.
3. Any food or medicine loss due to product failure.
4. Coverage is only provided on split and window air-conditioners up to 3-ton capacity.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PRODUCT BREAKS DOWN?
1. Customer must report the problem to DG Shield within seven days, failing which the replacement plan will not be applicable.
2. Check the manufacturer’s instructions before raising a claim.
3. Ensure it isn’t something you can correct yourself such as scaling, a blockage or blown fuse.
4. Bring the faulty product to the store of purchase.
5. Kindly retain a copy of the invoice and submit it at store when you bring the faulty product to the store.
6. Fraud: All benefits of this Extended Warranty Plan is lost if a fraudulent declaration or claim is made.
For detailed terms and conditions and to know more about the DG Shield Plan, please visit bahrain.sharafdg.com or email us at email@example.com or call us on 8000 8007